Terms & Conditions
Your Rental Contract
• You must have someone who is aged 24 or older staying in the unit. You cannot rent it for younger people to stay in alone.
• Don’t plan on coming early before check-in at 3:00 pm. Let the cleaners do their job. Also, leave by the check-out time of 10:00 am!! You must also move your car from the property at 10:00 am - just park across the street or at the pier if you are planning a beach day.
• Make sure you have a parking pass or your car could get towed or booted. My cleaner is supposed to leave you one, so if she forgets, please let me know!
• Please start the dishwasher before you leave, and remove your trash. Don’t forget your linens and towels! Take them home if they are yours, or gather them up for your linen service provider. Pick up after yourself. Just because a cleaner is coming in doesn’t mean you can be a slob. The cleaners may charge you extra from your deposit.
• Please do your best to keep it quiet after 10:30 pm.
• No smoking anywhere in the building, or on the deck or pool area.
• No pot, No drugs.
• No pets. You may see owners' pets around, but no Ocean Cove renters are allowed to bring pets.
• No glass around the pool or beach.
Your deposit will be held while we determine that nothing is broken or missing. If I have to pay my cleaners extra because of a mess you made, I will be keeping some of your deposit to pay them.
Accidents happen, but you need to be responsible about it. Clean it up and/or let us know. If something just falls apart because of normal wear and tear, that's okay, don’t worry! I’d appreciate it if you let me know about it. For instance, the beach chairs will get eaten by salt and rust quickly. I'd like to know and be able to replace them.
The cancellation policy depends on the site you are booking through. Generally, if you don’t cancel 2 - 4 weeks in advance, you won’t get a full refund. Look for the details on the site before booking.
By renting this unit, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy. Please understand that we are not a big business. When someone cancels and we don’t have enough time to fill that spot, that is a big deal to us. That is why the traveler and the host have to both agree up front what this rental contract means. You do not have to rent this condo if you don’t like the rules.
The rules are slightly different depending on what method you use to rent the condo.
IF YOU RENT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND DIRECTLY FROM US: Travelers who cancel at least 30 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid minus credit card processing fees. If they cancel between 14 and 30 days before check-in, they'll get back 50%. If they cancel 13 days or less before check-in, they won't get a refund. HOWEVER, if we can re-rent the condo to someone else, the traveler will be more likely to get a partial refund. This is not guaranteed, and does not mean a full refund. We may have to lower the price to rent it and also cover expenses. You are also welcome to find a new renter yourself to recoup your money, but the renter should go through us so we can know them and collect their security deposit.
Vrbo: Travelers who cancel at least 30 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid. If they cancel between 14 and 30 days before check-in, they'll get back 50%. Otherwise, they won't get a refund.
Airbnb: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
If there is bad weather in the forecast, you cannot cancel. If it rains during your whole stay and your internet goes down, you do not get a refund. The only weather-related reason you will get a refund is if the island is officially evacuated.
Death of traveler, or their immediate family member. You will get a full refund. You’ll be asked to provide one of these documents and show they are your immediate family member: Death certificate, Obituary, or News article naming the deceased.
Illness: Travelers should plan on this possibility themselves. If you really need a refund if you become ill, or really want that protection, you should rent this unit though Vrbo and buy their trip insurance plan. It will give you peace of mind and is not very expensive.
Other Circumstances: Think through other reasons that might cause you to cancel. If you are worried, rent this unit through Vrbo and buy their trip insurance.
After all that, I DO hope you have a fun vacation!!! 🙂 Cheers! Francie